Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Define: Perfect. Definition: Cliff.

Do you want to know what I hate about the holidays? I hate that too many people get conceited and only care about what they are getting on Christmas morning. If it were up to me you wouldn't get gifts for yourself, you would give to those who really need them. I am a huge charity and donation advocate. I donate every time that I possibly can. I don't do it for the tax credit. I don't do it to brag. I do it because long ago someone did it for me when I needed it.

You may have noticed a new button that is at the top of my side column. I know you're thinking "What is that all about?". Well let me explain. As most of you know adoption is near and dear to my heart. I plan adopting kids when we get a little more situated. Well that adorable little boy pictured in my new button is Cliff. He is perfect! He's so perfect he earned an extra chromosome. Let me tell you a little story...

When most people find out they are pregnant, they're ecstatic! They start talking about names, nursery decor, family traditions, and anything else baby related. The one thing most will never think about is "What if our baby has a genetic disorder?". When it comes time for the 'amnio' test, the parents-to-be don't think twice about it. That is until the results come back. When the results come back and they find out their precious baby has Down Syndrome, they full on panic. The doctors usually tell them the baby has a heart condition (which some DS people have) but fail to mention the baby has DS. Even when the doctor tells them baby has DS, they usually give the parents 3 options.
The option usually are:
1: Abort baby.
2: Give baby up for adoption.
3: Learn to care for baby.
Because so many people are uneducated about DS they choose option 1 or option 2. This means that there are thousands and thousands of babies aborted or given to orphanages. Sadly, Cliff was one of these precious, extra special babies. His parents felt they couldn't care for him. He is an orphan.

Photobucket

Look at that precious little boy. I would love to adopt him. If things work out the way they're supposed to, we might be able to look into taking this adorable baby home with us. But that is besides the point. Reece's Rainbow is raising money for his adoption. This will help his forever family pay for the adoption fees and any other expenses. So please, I am begging you to click that button at the top on my side column and read more about this precious bundle of joy. Donate $20 (or more)! I mean what else are you going to do with that $20? Go buy something that you probably won't use? Go out to eat at a fast food joint, that'll go straight to your thighs? Do you know what Cliff will do with your $20? He will get a forever home. A family to love him, kiss his boo-boo's, make him feel better when he is sick, raise him to be an amazing man. So think about it where is your $20 going to stretch the farthest, and mean the most? In your thighs? Or when Cliff gets to go home from school and show his family the awesome picture he drew? Who is going to appreciate that $20 more? Chances are in 20 years you won't even remember the pointless way you spent that $20. In 20 years Cliff will remember how he spent that $20, he got to have a bedroom that is his bedroom to sleep in every night, and a family that is his family, to love everyday. So you tell me where your $20 should go...

P.S. If you donate you will be in my heart forever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. You know you want to...