Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Holy crazy storm!

6 A.M. Monday morning: Corona is completely freaking out (barking, growling, crying, and pacing), there's pounding on my window, flashing lights, and in my half-awake-what-the-hell-is-going-on state my first thought, is someone trying to get in my house? Joe and I both shoot out of bed so quick it looked rehearsed, I look at the window and see the worst storm I have ever seen in Utah. In case you all don't know, in Utah we're used to bad snow storms and that's about it, but dear god I am terrified by tornadoes! Joe looks out the window and says "Holy shit, is this a tornado?!" My heart was beating so hard. It was so loud outside, I was trying to comfort the dog and plug my ears at the same time (I am partly deaf so most really loud sounds hurt, same with high pitched sounds). It was snowing, hailing, and raining at the same time, along with the horrible winds, constant thunder, and lightning every 2 seconds. I was so completely scared! I try to turn on the news to see if there is a severe weather warning, the cable is out, so I try the weather app on my phone, it can't connect, so I jump online and the weather says "Partly cloudy". So after we decide its not a tornado I go upstairs to see the storm better, and my freaking car alarm is going off. So I run down stairs grab the keys and debate whether I stay up and keep turning it off or I just leave it unlocked, I decide to leave it unlocked. So I go back to bed, calm down, and lay there and attempt to sleep. Well leave it to Corona to decide she should go hunting for a fly, bouncing across the room, smacking walls, barking, and being as obnoxious as possible. So needless to say I didn't sleep much. So as I was lying in bed dodging the fly hunter I realize, out of all the times we have severe weather warnings and they turn out to be nothing, how the hell did we not get warned about the scene from the movie twisters headed our way? And to make everything better, because of the storm, every joint in my body is killing me (I have arthritis from all my medical procedures)!

So I am very happy that storm is gone, and it was not a tornado!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. You know you want to...