Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quick post

So I thought I would share some cute pics of my little Ona-Burona's (aka Corona) 3rd birthday including a homemade cake and cupcakes!

Photobucket
I promise she didn't hate the hat, she was just mad I was taking pictures instead of giving her the cookie I was holding!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The recipe for the cake batter is

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter (I used chunky)
1/4 cup baby food (read the ingredients! make sure there is no onion powder, grapes or other foods dogs have. stage 1 is usually safe for dogs)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups shredded carrot or lunch meat (or do half and half)
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 cups vanilla
2 eggs

frosting is cottage cheese (you can use food coloring if desired)

Preheat oven to 350 F
Mix together flour & baking soda, then add remaining ingredients.
pour into desired greased pan.
Cook until you can put a tooth pick in middle and it comes out clean, or edges are golden brown.
Cool, then spread cottage cheese on top. If desired you can microwave peanut butter for 15-45 seconds (stir every 15 seconds) then pour into bag cut corner off and drizzle on cake.

This will make 12 cupcakes or 1 full cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. You know you want to...