Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Unfortuneate Ones

Yesterday, I noticed something that kind of really pushed my buttons, someone on Facebook was bitching about how bad their life was. This just really bugged me. I am noticing that some people act like their life is so terrible, I just don't see it though. I am not saying bad things don't happen to these people because I am sure they do, but if your life is so bad then why are you so happy? I see it often, these people that get everything they want with little to no effort, don't appreciate it. Can anyone please explain to me what is so bad about being healthy, having a roof over your head, having kids, having a secure/stable job, having a two income household, having loving family surrounding you, being able to afford nice things, etc? Maybe I am missing something but to me that's a lot to be happy about. I am not saying you can't complain, everyone does at some point, but why do people say things like "When is it my turn for something good to happen?" or "My life sucks!" or my personal favorite "F*ck my life, I just want to crawl up and die!". Am I crazy or are they? I personally have stuff to bitch about but I choose not to. I have been through hell and back, and to be 100% honest with you, I couldn't be happier with how things have gone. Obviously I wish somethings didn't have to happen but if those things happening means I get the privilege to enjoy life to it's fullest, and be grateful for what I have than by all means I am happy with my struggles. I have some medical issues as a lot of you know and yeah it really sucks that I am stuck with them, but by having one of them I have met some of the most amazing people that will be good friends for the rest of my life. I hate to think about not having these people in my life, and to me having loving, caring, excepting friends is very much worth the struggle. If you are offend, angered, or hurt by me posting all this, then maybe you need to take a good hard look at yourself. All you people with kids that bitch about it, or are about to have a kid, imagine how you would feel if your child got ripped away from you and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it? I know how it feels and I can tell you I would take a million more tantrums, sleepless nights, and I would be more than happy to give up all my hobbies (etc) just to get my baby back, but I can't, and I most likely never will. So I will take what I can from the experience and grow from it. All you people that bitch about your job, be damn happy you have it because this is a f'ed up economy and most unemployed can't get jobs. I will allow you to bitch without any judgement if you can give me a list of the good and the bad (and the bad has to be legit, not shit like your favorite shoe broke) and the bad out-weighs the good. Even then I will still pity you because you focus on the bad and can't realize the stuff you have that most people would kill for. Just remember everyone, appreciate what you have while you have it because it could be gone at any moment.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with this. People have no idea how good they have it yet some find any little thing to complain about. I call these people the "glass half full people" They see the negative in every situation instead of looking for anything positive in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I just found out that if I have a certain gene I will need surgery asap to prevent cancer, which will cause infertility. But hey I am perfectly happy, in fact I am in an awesome mood, I am alive, I have the perfect friends/family, and I couldn't really ask for more. If I died tomorrow (not that I will), you all know I died happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaz, that's a great attitude to have. We have to remember every day could be our last and do we want to spend that last day complaining and feeling sorry for ourselves? I sure don't....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you have such a positive outlook! It's okay to have down days, but I agree that some people take things for granted. It's important to remind yourself of the good things.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. You know you want to...