Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our higher power wants their angel back: Delaney



Our higher power let us barrow an angel. This angel's name is Delaney. She is a 3 year old little girl, she has fought a battle harder than any of us even know. I heard a story once, I am going to do my best to repeat it.

An angel approached God and asked, "I would like to go to earth and teach the people a lesson about strength, hope, and love." God replies "I can let you go but I will have to teach you a lesson about strength, hope, and love." The angel goes to earth as a newborn, lives life and is an amazing person. The angel starts getting sick and discovers they have a fatal disease. The angel and the people in the angel's life learn three lessons: strength, hope and love. Eventually God calls the angel back to heaven. He asks the angel "Did you teach your lessons?" A tear slides down the angel's cheek and she hugs God and says thanks.

That story means a lot to me because I have repeatedly watched the best people I know die from terrible diseases. I wanted to share that story with you all especially Delaney's friends and family. I know how hard it is to sit there and watch the ones you love pass, and know there's nothing you can do about it. I think that regardless of what religion you are (I am not a religious person) you can relate to this story and it will help you heal.

Little Delaney is being called back to heaven and will soon make her journey. My heart hurts for her parents, but I know that this is best for Delaney.

If you want to read Delaney's story, or be a fan on Facebook click here <----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. You know you want to...